From Vegas to Miami!
Last week we were out at the cabin (Jared's parents have a cabin on Hayden Lake..its a great little get away spot). We were there with Jared's sister and her husband and we were attempting to teach him how to wake board (he is Hungarian...so lets just say it is a very new and different sport to him) Anyway, I'm not good enough to even qualify as a teacher, but i found myself telling him some pretty good advice... "just squat on the board, keep your arms straight and let the rope "somersault" you forward." Its a little trick that my dear friend Melissa taught me years ago. Later that night Jared and I had a wedding to attend. After the wedding there was dinner and DANCING!! Oh, it has been a long time since I've danced. Jared's not so much of a dancer (at least not in public ;) SO I found myself out on the dance floor with just the girls. It was so much fun! But once again, I found myself thinking about the great dance moves I learned from my good friend Melissa and how much fun we had dancing in so many places over the years- from Vegas to Miami! There are so many things that I've experienced and learned from my good friend Melissa. Here are just a few of the things that came to mind...
dance parties
Lake Powell/Lake Mead
Pest control
road trips!!
vegas,
florida,
rexburg,
grand tetons,
grand canyon,
Baketown
Cafe Rio
Cabin Parties
dessert parties
chicken rolls
I could go on and on... I just found myself reflecting a lot on what a good friend she has been to me. We have, on many occasions been completely stupid to each other. Through those times, I learned how to really forgive and to allow myself to be forgiven. I met Jared through friends I made with Melissa- in fact, she practically hand picked him for me. I truly believe that I might be stuck in the BYU library still to this day, had I not met Melissa. I am so glad to have her as a friend. She is one of the most caring, thoughtful, giving people I know. I hate that we are raising our families hundreds of miles apart, but I truly hope that no matter the distance between us, or the years that pass by, that we can remain close friends. I will always be grateful for the great times we have had. love ya Melissa
Lake Powell/Lake Mead
Pest control
road trips!!
vegas,
florida,
rexburg,
grand tetons,
grand canyon,
Baketown
Cafe Rio
Cabin Parties
dessert parties
chicken rolls


1 Comments:
ok, seriously, how long has this been on here? i checked to see if you had updated and all i saw was the crying it out bit. i am so lame. so thanks- how much do i owe you? you know i feel the same way- i think you missed a few road trips on there though, and how could you leave out new orleans and the price is right? i would only add that you know literally every embarrassing thing about me and love me anyway, and hopefully don't repeat them.(: love ya.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home