Saturday, June 28, 2008

I shall not edit.

June 28. I've read a lot of blogs...and the idea of starting my own seems to make me nervous. My tendency in writing is to let my thoughts spill directly on to the page, unorganized like, as if I were just talking to someone across from me. But then I always find myself wanting to go back and edit, because reading words on a page is not the same as hearing words spoken from the mouth. It just doesn't sound like it did in my head. Editing just feels a little like cheating though. Like I'm editing my thoughts because I know someone else might actually read this some time and find out what a terrible writer I am. I'm a much better talker than writer, I promise. Plus, I have a huge tendency to over think things...so the plan with this blog is to NOT. To Not go back and edit, and to NOT over think this blogging business. What I will do is Just use this blog to write my little self to sleep on nights like this when I can't sleep.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Gainors said...

overthink things? you? i am so glad that you are joining the world of blogging. long overdue.

July 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home